Saturday, June 16, 2007

The next phase

As many of you know, I was planning to be on my way back to Cambodia this month. However, there has been a change of plans...

As all my cambodia plans simultaneously collapsed, I was offered a job in Katherine, in the Northern Territory of Australia, working on an early childhood development and literacy program focusing on six indigenous communities. This job is to run June-Nov 07 and Feb-Nov 08. A very good friend of mine is already living in Katherine, and it seems like this job and new adventure could provide me with a real chance to explore my own country, and have some time to consider a few longer-term plans.

I will have three months free over the southern summer, and during this time I plan to return to Cambodia and travel in Southeast Asia (only a hop-skip-and-cheap-TigerAir-jump from Darwin!)

So, with this new adventure will come new photos, stories and experiences, which I will share with you all via this site. Please keep in touch with a comment every now and then.

/Rhi x

To view where Katherine is in Google Maps, click here

No comments: