Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bangkok wedding bells




















On the 1st July I flew to Bangkok with a number of other Phnom Penhites to attend the truly memorable wedding of Michelle and Derick; the celebration of a gorgeous couple who have obviously found happiness and laughter with each other. The wedding, held in a traditional Thai house on the university campus where they met at during a Masters year, combined traditions from both Catholic and Jewish faiths and managed to withstand the obligatory monsoonal downpour. Michelle and Derick had members of their families from the Philippines and the USA present, along with friends from all over the world, including colleagues and friends from their current home, Cambodia.

It was a really memorable day, and weekend, which I feel very lucky to have been a part of.









































(The Memphis Gang - Michelle, Derick, me, Reggie and Laurent)

My chic hair do, thanks to the lovely lady-boy hairdresser downstairs! Beaudiiiful

Laurent, Reggie and I pig-out at our fav Bangkok haunt, Food Loft at Central Chiltom














Dinner with Reggie and some of his Thai friends at Kuppa@Playground - a new concept space in Bangkok that has a collection of design stores (interiors, fashion, literature etc) + exhibition and instilation spaces + restaurants that include cooking demonstration spaces. Just across the border from Cambodia - feels like a world away.


Lampini Night Market - Rhianna was on the hunt for a last minute handbag bargin... Mullberry brown leather.... mission accomplished, and at half the original price, even Reg was impressed with my haggling!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhianna! I've been reading your blog for some time now but haven't comment.
I'm from Laos but working in India with my husband. Recently we visited Cambodia and always have to stop in Thailand and Laos, of course, just wanted to tell ya that I feel right at home reading your blog!
Ping

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhianna

Wow! The wedding looks amazingly beautiful!! I love the bride's dress and all the detail of the wedding (cake looks great). You, of course, look fantastic too. I love reading your blogs and picture myself over there.

Seeya soon chicklet

Mia